Re: Octave-3.2.3

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Octave-3.2.3
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:59:38 +0100

Jaana Tommiska wrote:
> Hi,
> I have used Octave 3.0.1. Now I downloaded  version 3.2.3. When I typed edit,
> i found that the editor has changed (from Scite to Notepad++). I wrote  a m
> file using the new editor, then i try to run it . Then a window Run..
> appeared asking the Program to run.

How did you try to run it that got you a dialog box window?

> How can i run the file that I wrote ?

If it's a script file, by saving the file under a name e.g. myfile.m in
a location of octave's search path (which includes the current working
directory in octave).
Then at the octave prompt, type 'myfile'

If it's a function file same as above, except the name of the file
should reflect the function name.

benjamin