Re: Really Long Command Prompt

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Really Long Command Prompt
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:28:57 +0900 (JST)

Hello

The setting default prompt of octave/mingw32 at the octave-forge site is
intentional.

In octave-home/share/octave/version/m/startup/octaverc

## set default prompt

PS1("\\s:\\#:\\w\n> ");

The above setting is done by Benjamin.

Just comment out or delete the above, the prompt is represent as you said as

octave.exe:1>
(In the case that 'octave.exe' is executed )
or
octave-3.2.3.exe:1>
(In the case that 'octave-3.2.3.exe' is executed )

Regards

Tatsuro

--- "John W. Eaton" wrote:

> On 19-Jan-2010, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>
> | This is frequently asked.
> |
> | The below is one of the examples.
> |
> | Please search your home directry by
> | octave:5> tilde_expand ('~')
> | ans = D:\usr\Tatsu
> |
> | In the above example (my case), I made '.octaverc' in D:\usr\Tatsu
> |  and edit it by a suitable text editor (you can use notepad++ in octave for
> windows.)
> | as
> |
> | #begining of .octaverc
> | #
> | PS1("octave:\\#> ");
> |
> | # end of .octaverc
>
> What is the default for PS1 in the Windows build of Octave that is
> distributed on the Octave Forge site?
>
> The default in the Octave sources is "\\s:\\#> ", and looking at the
> code in cmd-edit.cc that decodes prompt strings, this should take the
> full name of the program that is executed and trim off all but the
> last component of the file name, so you should be left with something
> like
>
>   octave.exe:1>
>
> If the default has been changed for the Windows binary on Octave
> Forge, why was that done?
>
> If the default is being used and the code that shortens the full file
> name is not working properly, then could someone please debug the
> problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwe

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/