Re: Converting files from Octave

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: Converting files from Octave
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:30:37 +0100

Alberto Frigerio wrote:
Hello world, I've a question concerning compilation of files.

I've seen on the Octave manual that it is possible to use C++ files in
Octave by compiling them using the command mkoctfile. Whence the questions :

*) is it possible to make the viceversa (from .oct to .cc) ?

The short answer is "No, it is not".

*) is it possible to compile a .m file in a .cc one ?

There have been some experimental compilers, but no one has been complete.

Notice that .oct files are derivates of Octave and must be conveyed in accordance to the GNU GPL.

hth,
David