Re: glob(pattern)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: glob(pattern)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:28:08 -0500

On 16-Feb-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Feb 16, 2010, at 1:00 AM, Aditya Bhagwat wrote:
|
| > Dear Ben,
| >
| >> Did you try  ...
| >>
| >>    glob ('.*')
| >>
| >> Ben
| >
| > Yep, I did. In fact, that's what isn't working (or not the "regexp"-way I
| > would expect it to).

The glob function uses filename globbing rules, not regexp rules.
Yes, the documentation should explain what "filename globbing rules"
are.  The "Pattern Matching" section of the bash manual has an
explanation.  Would someone please adapt that (or another suitable)
description and post a patch for the glob docstring?

| It works for me ...
|
| octave:1> glob ('.*')
| ans =
|
| {
|   [1,1] = .
|   [3,1] = .CCP4

I don't think this is the result Aditya is looking for.

jwe