Re: who -functions in 3.2.x?

From: Svante R Signell
Subject: Re: who -functions in 3.2.x?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:21:39 +0100

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 11:20 +0100, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Svante Signell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 10:48 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> >> How can I see functions in 3.2.x?
> >> In 3.0 the command was who -functions or whos -functions
> How do you define user-defined? For Octave, functions are just files
> on the path, including library functions.

I meant .oct, .mex and .m files used in a simulation setup.

(If I would define user-defined it would be files along current path
excluding system paths)

Output from who -functions in octave 3.0.5:

*** dynamically linked functions:
builtin:find  builtin:min   fft           localtime     randn
builtin:kron  cellfun       full          pinv          svd
builtin:max   dispatch      ifft          rand          time

*** currently compiled functions:

List of .m files used in the simulation set up by my additional
directories (and some system functions)

*** mex functions:

Giving whos -functions shows the class:

*** dynamically linked functions:
  Prot Name              Size   Bytes  Class
   rwd builtin:find     -1x-1       0 dynamically-linked function

*** currently compiled functions:
  rwd str2num           -1x-1       0  user-defined function

etc.