Re: Same .m file: different results with different versions of Octave

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Same .m file: different results with different versions of Octave
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:49:49 -0700

man, 19 04 2010 kl. 12:41 -0700, skrev Thomas D. Dean:
> But, this is not the point.  tanh is the problem I was discussing.

My problem is just that you have filed a bug report in which you say
that

        sinh (arg) = inf + inf * i
        cosh (arg) = inf + inf * i
        s/c         = nan + nan * i   (should be 1 + 0 * i)

I just don't see how this should be 1 + 0 * i, and I am afraid that the
bug will be marked as invalid for this reason. So I just fear that this
part of the bug report will take focus a way from the real issue: tanh.

Søren