From: dirac
Subject: Loading .dat file
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 07:36:04 -0700 (PDT)

I have just downlaoded Octave and am pretty new to it.

I am having trouble loading a .dat file using the dlmread command. I have
managed to create simple 4x4 matricies in notepad and have managed to read
them using it as a way to check my method...It is a large file with 10002
rows and 21 columns of numbers that i want to read (ultimately to do some
analysis with!).

I am literally typing:
dlmread(CTL0125B_B34C11_325_HP_2to40mA_MA_Retrial2.dat) in to the program,
but I recieve an error saying:'CTL0125B_B34C11_325_HP_2to40mA_MA_Retrial2'
unidefined near line 20 column 9

and a line underneith saying: error: evaluating arguement list element
number 1

I am sorry if this is really trivial but I have been playing with it all
afternoon!

Thanks
Martin