Re: help with compiling octave-3.3.51

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: help with compiling octave-3.3.51
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:06:19 -0500

On 29 June 2010 15:44, Charles Yee <address@hidden> wrote:

> There was no stack trace. The only error message was "segmentation fault".
>
> I don't know how to generate a stack trace. How would you get octave to
> generate a stack trace?

You have to generate it yourself, which is why I asked. I hope you
compiled Octave with debug symbols. I think it's the default, but if
not, you'll have to recompile everything with ./configure
--enable-debug $other_options_you_may_have_used. Once you compile in
debug symbols, run octave inside gdb:

    $gdb octave

Inside gdb, type "run" to run Octave, and once it crashes do "bt" to
get a stack trace.