Re: help with compiling octave-3.3.51

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: help with compiling octave-3.3.51
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:38:26 -0500

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Charles Yee <address@hidden> wrote:

> I compiled lapack-3.2.2/blas-3.2.2 with the "-O" flag. Then I compiled
> octave again.
> Unfortunately, it gave the same segmentation fault when I tried to run
> octave.
>
> Thank you for all your suggestions. I would appreciate any other help you
> can give.
>

> -Charles

Provided that you do link to the libraries you have compiled (you may
have other/older libs
in /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 or /usr/local/lib etc...) i could think of a
couple other things:

lapack/blas 3.2.2 seems to be quite new and may have broke few things.
 Fedora 13 still ships 3.2.1 (which i am  using w/o problem).

You could try to compile an oder octave but instead of using included lapack
get it to link to your library and see if that works.

Try to compile against Intel's MKL library (I have not done it myself, but some
people did it successfully). This might be somewhat involved process.

Good luck.

Dmitri.