double integral on discrete set of data

From: Nunzio Losacco
Subject: double integral on discrete set of data
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:55:56 +0200

Hi everyone,

I need to compute a double integral on a discrete set of data. I have a nx3 matrix where n is the number of points, columns 1 and 2 are x and y, column 3 is the value to integrate. The x,y domain is not made of evenly spaced points (but it could, with a bit of effort). I've read on forums and mailing lists but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. Function dblquad should be the solution, but I dunno how to use it in this case. Do you have an y clue?

N.