Re: Multiple plots to a single pdf file

From: Manoj Deshpande
Subject: Re: Multiple plots to a single pdf file
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:41:41 -0400

Thank you Ben . I used the system to call the gs directly, it worked fine.

@ some_guy - Thanks for the reply, ideally i dont want to use a separate tool, and calls to gs directly works perfectly fine.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM, some_guy <address@hidden> wrote:

MPD wrote:

> My end motive: have multiple plots printed a single pdf file, so that at
> the
> end of my script, i will have one pdf showing multiple bar graphs.
>
> How do i patch existing octave installation to handle -append ? Or are
> there
> better ways of achieving my desired functionality ?
> I would appreciate any help from octave users.
>
> Thanks,
> Manoj

If I understand you correctly you are trying to print multiple pages of
plots to one pdf, not multiple plots on one pdf page (the subplot command).
I never new there was an append option in matlab or octave. I looked into it
and thought the Report Generator Toolbox was needed to do this in Matlab. I
always called the command line pdf tool pdftk
(http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/index.html) from octave. If it's not
installed by default I expect it should be in your default ubuntu repos.

after printing all my pdf's to single files, usually Figure1_*.pdf,
Figure2_*.pdf, at the end of the script I combine them all
>system('pdftk *.pdf cat output combined.pdf');

You can add watermarks, split, merge, rotate, etc pdf's all from octave by
calling pdftk.

If you want only one pdf in the end you can do
delete Figure1*
delete Figure2*
.... etc deleting all the single pages after combining them to one pdf.

Hope that helps.