Sequential saving

From: AlbFrigerio
Subject: Sequential saving
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 05:22:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone, I've a question about the save command : is it possible to
make a sequential udpate of the saved data?

Let's take an example : I have a matrix A1 with size(A1)=[5000,10000] and I
save it in the file out.txt using the command save("out.txt" , "A1") . Let
A2 be another matrix with the same sizes of A1, is it possible to save it
below the previous one in the file out.txt ?

Obviously , I could use the commands

A1=load("out.txt").A1;
A1=[A1;A2];
save("out.txt","A1")

but I don't want to use them, cause I believe that using this procedure for
lots of times I would exhaust my Octave memory.

Thanks everyone,
   Alberto