Re: How to run .m file from delphi o visual basic

From: Siep Kroonenberg
Subject: Re: How to run .m file from delphi o visual basic
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:05:51 +0200

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 09:36:17AM -0700, aleksandra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Even though it's like 5 years from the last post, I am writing to ask have
> you found solution? I've found shell function which is ok for running
> applications from vb, but since I need to run .m file like once in a second
> it doesn't seem like the best idea to run octave from beginning every
> time... Do you have some suggestion?

If it is just a matter of running the .m file once a second, you can
do it within octave:

while (some condition)
  sleep(1)
  mfile
endwhile

Otherwise, many programming languages, even on windows, have some
form of `pipe open'. The parent program creates a file identifier,
but instead of opening a file for writing, it starts up a child
program and sends data to its standard input. The parent could write
instructions to the child every second.

This is also described in the Octave manual, but with Octave as
parent; search for popen.

I know this to work under Windows with Tcl as parent and Octave as
child. I have never tried anything of the kind with Delphi or VB as
parent, though.

--
Siep Kroonenberg