Re: Using the avi pkg

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Using the avi pkg
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:40:23 -0500

Hi, I meant to respond to this a while ago, but I hadn't gotten around
to it. I hope it's still relevant.

On 17 July 2010 20:21, Kenneth Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Used matlab for a long time and moved to octave.

Welcome!

> installed the video pkg.

How did you do this? The current video package is not in core Octave
but in Octave-Forge and depends on your local installation of ffmpeg,
which can widely affect many things. Did you compile ffmpeg yourself,
did you get it from a package manager?

Also, do you know how to generate a backtrace to help us debug your segfault?