Re: Save a 1x1 matrix

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: Save a 1x1 matrix
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 03:17:23 -0400

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM, PaoloPiace <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Do you want to load the file into another program?

Exactly. I need to assure that another parser finds S(1,1) as matrix type.
Hence, I would need Octave to save S(1,N) always as matrix even when N=1.

Depending on how much control you have over the other software, a simple hack might be to always save a 1x(N+1) matrix instead with some sort of dummy value in the last position. That way a 1x1 would always be saved as a 1x2.

--judd