Re: accessing scripts

From: Hoeltgen Laurent
Subject: Re: accessing scripts
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 18:02:34 +0200

2010/8/8 B PAYNE <address@hidden>:
> I have just downloaded octave.
>
> When I have tried to create a file using notepad and save it, it saves it as
> a mathematica file(I have mathematica)
> even though I use the .m
>
> I can't open the file in octave.
> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Michael Payne

Hi,

Mathematica uses the file ending .m for its packages and clashes with
matlab's and octave's m-files. However, you should still be able to
open it with notepad (or whatever you use as a texteditor). You must
open it from within your texteditor though. Double clicking on it
won't work. Also octave should execute your file without problem. I'm
using mathematica and octave on the same computer and never had a
problem.

Greetings,
Laurent