Inferring required class for output arguments

From: CdeMills
Subject: Inferring required class for output arguments
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:46:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

about my "dataframe" project: I made subsref returns a matrix if all the
selected columns from the dataframe object are of type double. The purpose
is to made the class as compatible as possible with all math operations. I
added the ability to return a full dataframe as follows using this syntax:
x(:, 2, 'dataframe')
that is, there is a supplemental 'dim' specifying the output format. Is
there some less intrusive way to detect from inside the routine the required
output format ?

Regards

Pascal