Re: urlread() inconsistencies

From: Anders Feder
Subject: Re: urlread() inconsistencies
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:35:15 +0200

2010/8/4 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>

On 27 July 2010 23:15, Anders Feder <anders.federaddress@hidden> wrote:

> I am experiencing an issue where urlread() interprets data as signed on one
> machine (Octave version 3.0.1), but unsigned on another (Octave version
> 3.2.2). We check the data using disp(). Can anyone please tell me what might
> be causing this inconsistency?

I don't understand. urlread just reads in a string, and doesn't care
what kind of data it's reading. You're saying it actually does read
strings differently depending on version?

I don't know if it is dependent on version, but yes, it does it differently on two different machines. (It can't "not care" - it has to either interpret the data as an unsigned character string or something else).

> (Full details on the issue
> here: http://setiquest.org/forum/topic/kurtosis-ata-data )

Quoth the server: 404.

Sorry, the topic has been renamed in the meantime. It is now available at: http://setiquest.org/forum/topic/kurtosis-seticloud-data
Note in particular this post: http://setiquest.org/forum/topic/kurtosis-seticloud-data#comment-806

Anders Feder

(Apologies if you received this message twice.)