64-bit Octave for Mac OS X?

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: 64-bit Octave for Mac OS X?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:49:50 -0400

Hello again,

I was downloading the latest pre-compiled version of Octave for Mac OS X from Octave Forge and realise that it is an "i386" version. Since I've got 8 GB of memory on a Mac running 64-bit enabled Mac OS X 10.6, is there a fully 64-bit enabled version of Octave that I could use which will take full advantage of my computer's memory? If I need to compile it myself, is there a set of Mac specific instructions I could follow? Sorry if this is not the correct venue for the question. If so please point me in the right direction.
Thank you very much!

Pen-Yuan Hsing