Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for latest Octave?
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:01:05 +0200

Am Sonntag, 22. August 2010, 03:35:37 schrieb Pen-Yuan Hsing:
> javax.media.opengl.GLException: Unable to select one of the provided
> GLCapabilities

Yes - this is near to a working installation, as far as I understand this
message and as far as I understand the results from google.
This message (which I do not have) comes from some problem with the graphics
card driver and/or that some native library is not found which is needed by
the opengl bindings.
So you seem to have a problem which is on a lower level than the octave and
the jhandles installation.
Which type of virtual machine are you using (they differ in the simulated
graphics cards)?. Also you should check  if
glxinfo
tells you something strange (I know this is a bit vague but I also do not know
what to look at there are too many possibilities, just check the version
strings for opengl the vendor and the renderer, maybe it gives you a hint).
Does
glxgears
work?
Did you install jogl from the repository with apt-get/synaptic or did you
download it somewhere (in the second case it can be that the native libs are
not found without some additional settings - namely the option
java.library.path for the jvm)?

- mh