Gnuplot zoom/unzoom with mouse not working

From: Tobias Wehrhan
Subject: Gnuplot zoom/unzoom with mouse not working
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:15:00 -0700

Octave help folks:

I am having real difficulties with the gnuplot figure window in Octave-3.2.2. I'm able to zoom in with right mouse button, but no other unzoom or gunplot key binding commands work. Furthermore, the figure-window gnu plot invariably locks up "not responding" and I have to close it from the octave command line.

Is there a way to connect a more recent working version (one with working key bindings for zooming/unzooming, annotation, etc.) of gnuplot to octave.

Do I need to download a more recent release of octave nor gnuplot?

Note that I've downloaded the latest version of gnuplot (4.4) but I'm not sure how to "connect" this gnuplot to octave.

I really really really would like to use octave for my data analysis and graphing but can't do so with the current broken octave-gnuplot figure/plot manipulation I'm experiencing.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Tobias G. Wehrhan
address@hidden