RE: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: RE: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for latest Octave?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:47:40 +0000

> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for latest Octave?
> Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:39:46 +0200
> CC: address@hidden; address@hidden
>
> Am Sonntag, 22. August 2010, 13:01:05 schrieb Martin Helm:
> > Am Sonntag, 22. August 2010, 03:35:37 schrieb Pen-Yuan Hsing:
> > > javax.media.opengl.GLException: Unable to select one of the provided
> > > GLCapabilities
> >
> Check also the following link to test that jogl can work on your virtual machine
> http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-webstart-current/Gears.jnlp
>
> - mh

OK, so my Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machine runs in VirtualBox 3.2.8, Mac OS X host.

I tried glxinfo and glxgears in Octave but they did not work, here is the output:

octave:1> pkg load jhandles
warning: mark! _as_command is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of Octave
octave:2> glxinfo
error: `glxinfo' undefined near line 2 column 1
octave:2> glxgears
error: `glxgears' undefined near line 2 column 1

The copy of jogl I got is from the repository, installed with Synaptic.

I also tried the program you linked at:

http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-webstart-current/Gears.jnlp

After downloading and running a few files, it showed an empty window. I assume there should be more than that?

Is there hope for me still? :)