Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for latest Octave?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:20:03 +0200

Am Montag, 23. August 2010, 22:58:49 schrieb Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> 2010/8/23 Pen-Yuan Hsing <address@hidden>:
> > octave:2> glxinfo
> > error: `glxinfo' undefined near line 2 column 1
> > octave:2> glxgears
> > error: `glxgears' undefined near line 2 column 1
>
> Those are external system commands, not Octave commands. Try them from
> bash or any other shell. They're for testing your OpenGL setup.

I should have mentioned it more clearly that this are commands to be invoked
from a shell not within octave.
Google for "virtualbox jogl problem" shows some interesting results. I think
you just ran straight into trouble choosing a virtual machine where the
simulated graphic card leads to problems with the java opengl bindings in
general.
Maybe it is the easiest to setup a vmware player as virtual machine and simply
repeat the installation as I can guarantee that this works flawless, this will
be much faster than to solve a virtual box problem which is completely
unrelated to octave/java/jhandles.

- mh