Re: regression diagnostics

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: regression diagnostics
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:03:42 +0200

Am Dienstag, 24. August 2010, 19:50:14 schrieb Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso:
> On 24 August 2010 11:17, kamaraju kusumanchi
>
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >From octave's manual, I see that ols function performs ordinary least
> >
> > squares. Does octave provide any regression diagnostic tools (ex:-
> > computation of t-stats, standard error, r-square value, adjusted
> > r-square value etc.,).
>
> If your use for Octave is mostly statistics, you might be happier with
> R which is especially tailored for stats.

Or you can use some Gnu R scripts for special calculations (if not available
in octave) and run them from octave with the system command and read back the
results, or introduce an IPC between the two systems.

If you already coded some functions which are missing you can contribute them
to octave or octave-forge to improve the statistics capabilities of octave.

- Martin