Re: Problem with octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Problem with octave
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:48:43 -0400

On 30-Aug-2010, Judd Storrs wrote:

| 2010/8/30 Julien Martin <address@hidden>
|
|     What's wrong with my octave code?
|
| I'm not sure octave likes mixing functions and scripts in the same file they
| way you have here. I was able to get output by separating the function and the
| script part into separate files (imfdamput.m and imfdamputrun.m) but I didn't
| look to see if the output is reasonable.
|
| Do you happen to know if octave's behavior is different than matlab's?

It is.  Matlab does not allow a script to contain function defintions;
Octave does.

But if the first non-comment token is "function", then Octave treats
the file as a function, not a script.  So put something besides
"function ..." a the beginning of the script.  For example:

   1;  ## This is a script, not a function.

   function foo (...)
   end

   Smax = ...;

   foo (Smax, ...)