Re: make check: src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/eigs.cc ..............................

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: make check: src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/eigs.cc .............................. ** On entry to DLASCL parameter number 4 had an illegal value
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:08:09 +0200

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM, RUSS BRENNAN <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok, first let me note that compiling with --without-qrupdate bypasses this
> error, as expected.
>
> Here is the output of test qr.cc verbose.  Note that there are a few errors,
> as well as the seg fault near the end.
>
> If I go through the final test line by line, this is the command that seg
> faults:
>  [Q,R] = qrupdate(Q,R,single(uc),single(vc))
>
> The singles() calls alone are ok so it must be qrupdate that does it.  I am
> using qrupdate v1.1.1, built from source using the following Makeconf:
> # set this to your compiler's executable name (e.g. gfortran, g77)
> FC=gfortran
> # requested flags
> FFLAGS=-O0 -funroll-loops
> # set if you need shared library
> FPICFLAGS=-fPIC

Hi Brennan,

you reported earlier that you needed -ff2c to link MKL with
gcc/gfortran, which means that your MKL uses the f2c/g77 convention
interface. In that case, you almost surely need it here (for qrupdate)
as well. Using -O0 should not be necessary. MKL usually comes with
multiple interfaces; there should be one for gfortran convention as
well.

hth

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD