Re: Aux. functions with multiple outputs

From: Mike B.
Subject: Re: Aux. functions with multiple outputs
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:47:02 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks everyone for replying.

Here is a specific example:
I have a function which returns the objective value and gradient at x. I want to pass both (objective + gradient) to SQP.

simple example:
function [ f, g ] = myf( x )
f = x^2;
g = 2*x;
endfunction

to use only the objective value (f) I've defined
auxf = @(x) myf( x );
[ x1, f1 ] = sqp( 0, auxf );

now I want to pass to sqp also the gradient (as a third argument).
Any ideas how to do this? (ideally without defining another aux. function which outputs g only).

Thanks,
Mike.