Re: Octave for Windows page is down

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave for Windows page is down
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 11:41:40 +0900 (JST)

Hello

For the continence, I will make quick translation of my web site written
Japanese

GNU Octave, version 3.2.4 (i686-pc-mingw32)
atlas 3.8.2 libraries
mingw32 (GCC 4.4.0 on http://www.mingw.org)
gnuplot 4.4.0 (prepare for octave)
mini-MSYS 1.0.11
notepad++ 5.6.7 as text editor
Some componets of octave-forge packages
actuarial-1.1.0 (New!)
audio-1.1.4
benchmark-1.1.1
bim-1.0.0 (New!)
bioinfo-0.1.2
combinatorics-1.0.9
communications-1.0.10
control-1.0.11
data-smoothing-1.2.0
econometrics-1.0.8
fenv-0.1.0 (New!)
financial-0.3.2
fixed-0.7.10
fpl-1.0.0 (New!)
ga-0.9.7
general-1.2.0 (updated)
generate_html-0.1.2 (New!)
gnuplot-1.0.1 (New!)
gpc-0.1.7
gsl-1.0.8
ident-1.0.7
image-1.0.10
informationtheory-0.1.8
integration-1.0.7
io-1.0.11 (updated)
irsa-1.0.7
java-1.2.7 (New!)
jhandles-0.3.5 (New!)
linear-algebra-1.0.8
mapping-1.0.7
miscellaneous-1.0.9
missing-functions-1.0.2
msh-1.0.0 (New!)
nlwing2-1.1.1 (New!)
nnet-0.1.10
nurbs-1.0.3 (New!)
ocs-0.0.4 (New!)
oct2mat-1.0.7 (New! ***** Care is required for this components ********)
octcdf-1.0.17 (updated 1.0.17+)
octgpr-1.1.5 (New!)
odebvp-1.0.6
odepkg-0.6.10 (updated)
optim-1.0.12 (updated)
optiminterp-0.3.2
outliers-0.13.9
physicalconstants-0.1.7
plot-1.0.7
quaternion-1.0.0
signal-1.0.10
simp-1.1.0 (New!)
sockets-1.0.5
specfun-1.0.8
special-matrix-1.0.7
spline-gcvspl-1.0.8 (New!)
splines-1.0.7
statistics-1.0.9
strings-1.0.7
struct-1.0.7
symband-1.0.10 (New!)
symbolic-1.0.9
time-1.0.9
video-1.0.2 (New!)
windows-1.0.8 (updated to 1.0.8+)
zenity-0.5.7

If you install all the octave-forge packages, I strongly recommend to make the
oct2mat not autoload.

Execute once

pkg rebuild -noauto oct2mat

from the octave prompt and quit and restart octave.
Execute 'pkg list' and confirm that the oct2mat is not autoloaded.

When you want use the oct2mat package, execute 'pkg load oct2mat' after using
the oct2mat, restart
octave for unload oct2mat by 'pkg unload oct2mat'.

If you install plot package, rename ginput.m in
...\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\packages\plot-1.0.7 like ginput.m.tmp.
On octave 3.2.4 itself
has ginput.m.  The treatment described here is for avoiding the conflicting.

If ginput is slow in your computer, please add a line to
...\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\3.2.4\m\plot\__gnuplot_ginput__.m
(around line 112)

str = {};
    while (isempty (str))
      sleep(0.05); # **** add this line *****
      str = char (fread (istream)');

I hope the above is useful for the students in your university.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave_Windows%20-%20MinGW/Octave%203.2.4%20for%20Windows%20MinGW32%20Installer/Octave-3.2.4_i686-pc-mingw32_gcc-4.4.0_setup.exe/download