Call by Reference

From: Erik Stensmo
Subject: Call by Reference
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:54:41 +0200

Hi,

I found some pages stating that Octave does not support call by reference. As I understood it, if you modify a function argument (such as an element in a matrix passed as an argument), Octave will copy the argument (and hence make a call by value). How are you supposed to write well structured code without a performance hit? Include files? I think Octave should support call by reference.