Re: octave, arpack, umfpack

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: octave, arpack, umfpack
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:24:12 -0500

On 20-Nov-2010, sibu xolo wrote:

| --for libarpack.so:- 'undefined rererence to 'etime_'.
| --for libarpack.a:- (arscmd.f   in function 'asrscmd_'
| arscmd.f :(text+0xe) undefined reference to 'etime_'
|
| suggestion for my other good half a day will be gratefully received

As I said in my previous message:

  ARPACK (http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK)

    In ARmake.inc set the following variables:

      home=path to directory ARPACK
      FC=gfortran
      FFLAGS=-fPIC -O
      MAKE=make
      ARPACKLIB=$(home)/libarpack.a
      DIRS=$(UTILdir) $(SRCdir)

    Edit the file UTIL/second.f and change the line

      EXTERNAL           ETIME

      INTRINSIC          ETIME

I think this is a bug in ARPACK, not a problem with Octave.

jwe