Re: dlmread problem

From: Keith Grider
Subject: Re: dlmread problem
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:56:48 -0600

Yea! that was it. I was using the command incorrectly. fwiw, in 3.2.4, that same command will load a matrix as I wish and its behavior changed to be more correct with 3.3.54, it seems.

this seems to load it correctly even with dos line endings:

>dlmread("test.txt","\t",1,0)

Keith

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 30-Nov-2010, Martin Helm wrote:

| Am Dienstag, 30. November 2010, 22:09:33 schrieb Keith Grider:
| > John and Martin,
| >
| > I appreciate the help. The data file I use is attached. I do not think I
| > have any other dlmread anywhere in my path.
| >
| > Keith
|
| Your file contains a tab as delimiter between the columns, read it with
|
| dlmread("test.txt","\t",1,0)
|
| and everything should be fine.
| Since you choose in your command " " as delimiter which is wrong the two
| columns are interpreted as one number.

Oh, that too.  I see now that the line ending is not the problem here,
though I'm not sure that dlmread is always doing the right thing for
CRLF or CR line endings in any case.

jwe