Re: Hello World function

From: Maynard Wright
Subject: Re: Hello World function
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:52:46 -0800

On Tuesday 21 December 2010 06:16:18 Peter Norlindh wrote:
> Ah!  Sure.  Hope this is the way replies should be sent.
>
> The issue is solved btw.
>
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Andy Buckle <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > I believe the formatting of the function file was incorrect.  First
> > > created the file with WordPad (Windows), but then I found the "edit"
> >
> > command
> >
> > > which launches Notepad++ and that editor made all the difference.
> > >
> > > Thanks again for your consern in this matter!
> >
> > Peter: please "reply to all", then everyone can see that you issue has
> > been resolved.
> >
> > --
> > /* andy buckle */

The fact that you are getting output from printf leads me to believe that you
are calling the file from within Octave rather than from the OS command line.
You can also execute the file from the Linux or Windows command line with
proper attention to the path, but there will be no output.  Although the
function is defined in the .m file, there is no call to the function.

If I add the line "Hello" after the line "end," (outside the body of the
function definition) the function is called and printf produces the expected
output.

Maynard Wright