Re: How to extract sequenced data from an array?

From: new_user
Subject: Re: How to extract sequenced data from an array?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:49:40 +0100

> Someone with expertise in signal processing may have a solution,
> that is more efficient with time and/or memory.

> function y = period (x)
>   r = rows(x);
>   p = 0;
>   a = [];
>   while (p < r && ! isequal (x, a))
>     p = p + 1;
>     y = x(1:p,:);
>     a = repmat (y, ceil (r/p), 1)(1:r,:);
>   endwhile
> endfunction

> Ben

Thanks for the function, I had similar thoughts but curious if there is some
easy way to this
Maybe I should have said about amount of data in question: 10^7 to 10^8
elements, and unique sequence consists of maximum 10^6 elements, usually less
like 10^5

I run the function on array with 3071488 rows and after half hour I terminated
octave process :D