Re: How to extract sequenced data from an array?

From: new_user
Subject: Re: How to extract sequenced data from an array?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:56:10 +0100

> If I remember correctly (check me -- I wish I did more of this stuff), you can
> ignore the left half of the graph, even throw it out. Then a spike at x=3000
> means there is some periodicity at 3000.  (I think xcorr gives you
> correlations
> in each direction, and you don't need half of those).

>> As it can be noticed from screen-shot I run gnuplot with "every 10" as I get
> out of memory otherwise

> Have you tried using the maximum lag parameter?

Well, from my limited knowledge correlation just shows if there is linearity in
two data sets, and I can't comprehend how can correlation be used in
determining sequnced data. I read commented xcorr.m file, but can't see any
pointers to my problem, nor understand what lag is

> If your data is discontinuous integers, you might miss periodicity this way.

Of course, but as I can't present all points I thought just to pick in the
graph :)

> And you are in meteorology ??  well, you'll grow to love them.

Yeah, there is some time ahead