Re: 3.3.54+, mkoctfile, header files?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 3.3.54+, mkoctfile, header files?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:37:36 -0500

On 14-Jan-2011, Kai Habel wrote:

| I agree it should not be run for each make. But I think it should be run
| for each autogen.sh.

But as I said, that probably wouldn't have avoided the problme for
Olaf, or most of the similar problems that you have encountered,
because autogen.sh is usually not executed after every update from the
Octave hg archive.

Similarly, if you update and autogen.sh needs to be run again before
the build can work, we don't help you out by doing that automatically
either, do we?

I think the bottom line is that if you are building from the hg
archive, you have to have your developer hat on, and know how to
diagnose and solve these problems when they come up.

jwe