Re: mexing in Fortran

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: mexing in Fortran
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 08:29:14 -0500

On Jan 27, 2011, at 6:11 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have been searching for a long time to directly mex a fortran file with
> mkoctfile -mex without success.
> As a typical example, I have been trying to mex the famous timestwo.F example
> from the other product.
>
> Of course, mexing in c and in c++ works very well and besides ".oct" files
> also
> works fine and it is the method I use usually.
>
> But let's assume that I would need to mex a .F or a .F90 file, is there an
> direct way to do it with mkoctfile without using a C warper around the
> fortran
> file ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Julien.

My understanding is that F2003 provides the means to interface with c++. I
haven't (yet) done this myself. But Google provides quite a few example of
those who have. For example ...

        http://fortranwiki.org/fortran/show/Fortran+and+Cpp+objects

Whether this can work for you depends upon the compiler you are using.

Ben