Re: standalone program under windows 7

From: Valmor de Almeida
Subject: Re: standalone program under windows 7
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:52:56 -0500

On 02/08/2011 11:15 AM, Benjamin Lindner wrote:
>> The path as issued by recompiling the test program to output the results
>> from running "path" (as opposed to gcd) is:
>>
>>  .
>
> So if you copy gcd.oct into the same directory as your executable,
> does it still not find it?
> Don't mix up the system's PATH with octave's search path for DLD
> functions, it's not the same.

If I copy gcd.oct into the windows directory of the standalone program
and run the standalone program which was created under the octave>
shell, it works.

>> When running under cygwin everything works and the output "path" in the
>> standalone executable prints out the right path under cygwin.
>
> Does this mean, the mkcotfile executable, when created under cygwin
> shows the same search path as octave under cygwin, but the mkoctfile
> executable created for plain windows only shows "." ?
> That's possibly a different problem, then.
>
> benjamin

Yes. Under cygwin, the path obtained under the octave shell issuing
"path" is the same as when running the standalone program created under
cygwin, either created inside the cygwin octave shell or using mkoctfile
under the cygwin shell.

The problem is on the plain windows octave. To install octave in windows
7 all I did was to use the windows installer for octave. I don't
remember other configuration steps needed. I can certainly try to
install again.

Thanks,

--
Valmor