Re: Octave 3.4 for Ubuntu

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: Octave 3.4 for Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 10:13:57 +0100

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Sina Calmote <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey there octave community
>
> I just put kUbuntu on my laptop and tried to get octave 3.4 over the software
> installtion assistant but it doesn't appear on the software list. I saw that
> there is a .tar file on the gnu webpage but I don't know how to install and I
> just don't understand the readme file...
>
> Does anyone know by when a debian for ubuntu will be available or  what the
> easiest way is to get octave 3.4?
>
> THANKS :)

compile it yourself from the tar file, or a pulled mercurial working
copy. Its pretty standard.
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make install

The autogen and configure steps will tell you what dependencies you
are missing. (Also search the archive of this list, there has been
plenty of help given)

If this is too tricky for you, then you have to what for someone to
package it for kubuntu.

--
/* andy buckle */