Re: AW: WG: AW: error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: AW: WG: AW: error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 21:52:13 +0200

Am Samstag, 9. April 2011, 20:10:47 schrieb Martin Helm:
> Am Samstag, den 09.04.2011, 12:56 -0500 schrieb Jordi GutiƩrrez
>
> Hermoso:
> > On 9 April 2011 11:50, Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Looks like a broken ubuntu package to me or some misconfiguration if it
> > > is compiled from the source. I run out of ideas since I have no ubuntu.
> >
> > There are no 3.4 Debian packages yet for Ubuntu users to use. I plan
> > to work on them after next week, or perhaps I'll wait for the 3.4.1
> > release.
> >
> > - Jordi G. H.
>
> Thanks for the info. I noticed that after installing 32bit ubuntu 10.10
> (I chose the newest version just because I had an iso file for it
> available, no idea why I downloaded that) in vmware. I am not sure if I
> can reproduce the problem in such an artificial environment, but give it
> now a try. If it works I will repeat the same with a 10.4 version.
> I just installed the build-dep for octave3.2 + bison + the fontconfig
> stuff configure complained about, so there was nothing left for
> configure to complain.
> Octave 3.4.0 meanwhile compiles happily on that system.
> Let's see what comes out.

Ok so far I can reproduce it (tested with fltk first).

make check was ok

  PASS   6905
  FAIL      0

and I get exactly the error
error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's
index type -- trying to return to prompt

when running Pyramid.
It is exactly the plot statement before the Raumwinkel5.png is printed which
throws the exception, if you comment that plot out and replace it with
plot(1:10) everything runs fine.

So we have to check what weird thing happens in that plot.