Re: AW: WG: AW: error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: AW: WG: AW: error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 00:02:51 +0200

Am Samstag, 9. April 2011, 21:52:13 schrieb Martin Helm:
> Am Samstag, 9. April 2011, 20:10:47 schrieb Martin Helm:
> > Am Samstag, den 09.04.2011, 12:56 -0500 schrieb Jordi GutiƩrrez
> >
> > Hermoso:
> > >
> > > There are no 3.4 Debian packages yet for Ubuntu users to use. I plan
> > > to work on them after next week, or perhaps I'll wait for the 3.4.1
> > > release.
> > >
> > > - Jordi G. H.
> >
> > Thanks for the info. I noticed that after installing 32bit ubuntu 10.10
> > (I chose the newest version just because I had an iso file for it
> > available, no idea why I downloaded that) in vmware. I am not sure if I
> > can reproduce the problem in such an artificial environment, but give it
> > now a try. If it works I will repeat the same with a 10.4 version.
> > I just installed the build-dep for octave3.2 + bison + the fontconfig
> > stuff configure complained about, so there was nothing left for
> > configure to complain.
> > Octave 3.4.0 meanwhile compiles happily on that system.
> > Let's see what comes out.
>
> Ok so far I can reproduce it (tested with fltk first).
>
> make check was ok

>   PASS   6905
>   FAIL      0
>
> and I get exactly the error
> error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's
> index type -- trying to return to prompt
>
> when running Pyramid.
> It is exactly the plot statement before the Raumwinkel5.png is printed
> which throws the exception, if you comment that plot out and replace it
> with plot(1:10) everything runs fine.
>
> So we have to check what weird thing happens in that plot.

I reduced it to the absolute minimum to get the error by saving the variables
T and R

load T
load R
plot(R, T(:,1), "-r", R, T(:,2), "-b")

gives the error on ubuntu 10.10 32bit (but not on my opensuse), can someone
confirm? Since I am too tired now and cannot directly see the error I stop with
that at the moment.