Re: AW: WG: AW: error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for

From: Robert McDonald
Subject: Re: AW: WG: AW: error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 17:15:57 -0500

> I reduced it to the absolute minimum to get the error by saving the variables
> T and R
>
> load T
> load R
> plot(R, T(:,1), "-r", R, T(:,2), "-b")
>
> gives the error on ubuntu 10.10 32bit (but not on my opensuse), can someone
> confirm? Since I am too tired now and cannot directly see the error I stop
> with
> that at the moment.

Wow, nice job creating a test case!

I can confirm that your script *does* give the error on 10.04 32-bit.
It does *not* give the error on 10.04 64-bit.

I just checked and Pyramide.m gives a different error on 64-bit 10.04,
causing a segfault. The preceding error is "warning: ft_render:
skipping missing glyph for character '?'"

Bob