Re: looking for a programmer who can help me : PAID

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: looking for a programmer who can help me : PAID
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:07:23 -0500

I hope you don't mind if I reply publicly. I have a few questions.

On 13 April 2011 21:59,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> The goal is, say, user types fzero1(using our method), take 30 sec.
> user types fzero(using existing method in Octave or Matlab), take 5
> days (say it's a very large scale problem).

I'm finishing similar contract work for another customer, and I should
be available soon for something like this. I don't use Windows, and
neither do most of the other experienced Octave coders I know of. I
think this may be a slight hurdle, but not insurmountable.

At any rate, the actual implementation using the oct interface should
not be a problem once I read and understand your publication. I have a
concern, however. Is there any secrecy involved? I'm personally less
likely to be interested if you want me to implement this super-fast
fzero breakthrough but then won't allow me to push my implementation
to our Mercurial repository. Since you are asking a free software
project to help you, I suppose you are familiar with our habits of
free collaboration?

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.