Re: using relative paths to execute octave scripts

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: using relative paths to execute octave scripts
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 21:53:19 -0500

On 20 April 2011 21:43, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
<address@hidden> wrote:
> which brings my question. Is there anyway to execute octave scripts using
> relative path? If not, could this feature please be added?

If for whatever reason the filename or full path contains characters
that can't be parsed directly (e.g. a hyphen, which would be a minus
sign) you can use the source command to execute the script instead. So
try

     source("../a/hello_world.m")

- Jordi G. H.