Octave 3.3.91 - impossible to install packages and built-in oct files...

From: constant31
Subject: Octave 3.3.91 - impossible to install packages and built-in oct files...
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 05:29:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I installed Octave 3.2.4 from the official setup exe on Windows Vista. All
the packages are installed and all work.

However, after installing from a zip the 3.3.91 version from the site of
Tatsuro Matsuoka:
   http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/
I tried to add packages to Octave. This was impossible and I'm very
frustrated.

I copied all the needed packages in the folder /share/octave/packages, each
one with the defaul name after untaring the forge archive.

When I type:
 > pkg load optim  (for exemple), Octave says:
 > warning: addpath: C:\Octave\3_3_91\share\octave\packages\miscella: No
such file or directory

Is like a stupid truncation of the path ....

I tried to find WHERE Octave put the list of the folders added in the path
with 'addpath' and 'savepath'... but impossible to find too.

On the other hand, not only the packages is impossible to add, but the
built-in libraries contained in the folder 'lib' (there are many precompiled
oct files for some packages) too are impossible to add to Octave. Maybe one
by one with 'addpath' but this seems a little bit stupid to do in this way,
because there are so many.

In Octave 3.2.4 these files are installed in the folder :
  C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\libexec\octave\packages
and are automatically recognized. The 3.3.91 version doesn't recognize them.
After typing 'help numgradient' for exemple (a compiled function from the
optim package), Octave says
> error: help: `numgradient' not found

Please help me or tell me where to read the corresponding info. Thank you by
advance,
Constant