How do you get a 3D plot like this in Octave?

From: Terry Duell
Subject: How do you get a 3D plot like this in Octave?
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 11:06:15 +1000

Hullo All,
I am having some problems porting some Matlab code to Octave.
The thing that is causing me the most trouble right now is how to reproduce a plot as shown in the attached image. As best I can understand it, the 3D data (yellow dots) are via the 'scatter3' function, and the grey image views in the x, y and z planes via the 'warp' function, which is missing from Octave.
Any ideas as how I might tackle this?

Cheers,
--
Regards,