SV: Saving data in append mode

From: Per-Olof Sturesson
Subject: SV: Saving data in append mode
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 18:06:57 +0200

Hello,

Thanks for the tip.

The problem I have is that I use Octave to process data exported from a
commercial software package, as an intermediate "calculation engine" and then
feeding back the result, hence I need to save the data as structures including
metadata into matlab format. As I would like to have the Octave script as
general as possible saving the output structure by structure would be helpful.
The amount and type of data processed by Octave will differ in applications to
application (time to time).

I am quite familiar with programming in C, I have used file output in append
mode before, so I know it can be done (at least in theory for Octave too).

Best Regards

Per-Olof