Re: numel(foo{:}) - feature or bug ?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: numel(foo{:}) - feature or bug ?
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 01:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 8/6/11, Marco atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Marco atzeri <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: numel(foo{:}) - feature or bug ?
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 12:29 AM
> On 8/6/2011 9:13 AM, Sergei Steshenko
> wrote:
>

> > Again, if your statement is correct, could you please
> reopen
> >
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33954
> >
> > and state "numel is not supposed to handle food2d{:}"
> there ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >    Sergei.
>
> Your bugs request has been closed as numel works as matlab
> does.
> That is a fact.

[snip]

At the moment I doubt the validity of

"
numel works as matlab does.
".

This is because I have read a post in this thread:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/numel-foo-feature-or-bug-td3720972.html#a3721796

which says that the answer is '96' while I had '72'.

The poster, Philip Nienhuis, uses Windows while I use Linux, and, if I
understand correctly, Philip Nienhuis tried exactly the same test case
as I did.

So, is it so that Matlab behaves differently on Linux and on Windows and
that Octave beahves _exactly_ like Matlab on both OSes ?

Also, should MacOS behavior be different from both Linux and Windows one ?

Thanks,
  Sergei.