Re: Help with Excel IO - Ecel/COM not working, no Java support found

From: Jacques Malaprade
Subject: Re: Help with Excel IO - Ecel/COM not working, no Java support found
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 00:27:05 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Just to burst my bubble the above does not work 100%, thus me back asking
for help. I have done the following in addition to the steps described
above:

I have added the following .jar files to a folder under my home folder
called octave-

jOpenDocument-1.2.jar, odfdom.jar, odfdom-java-0.8.6.jar, xercesImpl.jar. I
then added the following to lines to a document called .octaverc under my
home folder -

  javaaddpath /home/malapradej/octave/jOpenDocument-1.2.jar
  javaaddpath /home/malapradej/octave/odfdom-java-0.8.6.jar
  javaaddpath /home/malapradej/octave/xercesImpl.jar
  javaaddpath /home/malapradej/octave/odfdom.jar

This should have added the class paths to octave on every startup.

When I enter the following example of a file to read:

 m = odsread('quizgrade.ods')

I get the following error:

 error: structure has no member `POI'
>>>error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from:
error:   /home/malapradej/octave/io-1.0.14/odsopen.m at line 328, column 3
error:   /home/malapradej/octave/io-1.0.14/odsopen.m at line 148, column 19
error:   /home/malapradej/octave/io-1.0.14/odsread.m at line 126, column 6

I can sense I am very close and have been at it for a few days so please
someone help me over that last hurdle.

Much appreciated,

Jacques