90-deg rotated tick mark labels

From: indium
Subject: 90-deg rotated tick mark labels
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 15:58:46 +0200

Dear all,

There is a 'rotation' property of text, but not of the tick labels.
Can this be added?  If not, what would be the procedure to implement
this manually?  I saw somewhere that people write a routine to replace
the tick labels by text labels, but I don't see an obvious way to
extract the 'screen-coordinates' of the (original) tick labels.
Especially in log-scales the xtick values are not the same as the
('linear') screen coordinates.

many thanks