Re: oct (and mex) files for different architectures

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: oct (and mex) files for different architectures
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:57:31 +0100

 On 12/09/2011 14:47, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> 2011/9/12 Richard Crozier <address@hidden>:
>> I have matlab instances running on several different platforms all
>> accessing the same code directory simultaneously (hosted on a SAMBA file
>> share). If I recompiled the source, I would need a new directory for the
>> mex file for that machine and would have to tell the matlab instance on
>> that machine to access that mex file rather than another mex file in the
>> path.
>>
>> The matlab way lets me have one directory for the C/C++/Fortran code and
>> compile my mex file in that directory without fiddling with the path
>> etc. If there's a better way which does not involve my copying my entire
>> matlab path to a local directory on every machine I'd consider it.
> You could put the compiled versions into subdirectories using
> octave_config_info.canonical_host_type, then in your octaverc you
> can use addpath by appending the same canonical_host_type to
> a common root directory.
>
> Michael.

That sounds like a reasonable solution for Octave, thanks.

--
Richard Crozier, Research Associate
Institute for Energy Systems

Phone: 0131 651 9023
Fax: 0131 650 6554

If possible, please avoid sending me files in the proprietory Microsoft Word
file format. Plain text, pdf, odf (OpenOffice/Google Docs), or html are all
preferable alternatives.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.